A dining room that was transformed into a kid’s playroom. The challenge
was too many toys. This created several issues which resulted in toys
that were never put away.
1. There were toys that were no longer used and taking up precious storage space
2. With too many play options, the kids were bouncing back and forth between
activities with no real focus
3. Because new toys were constantly added without removing old toys,
every item was impossible, there was simply not enough space
1. We purged and donated toys that the kids no longer used.
2. Keeper toys were reduced in half with half stored in the playroom
for easy access
and the other half stored in Rubbermaid tubs on shelving
in the garage
3. When the children grew tired of certain toys, they were rotated
out or donated and
replaced with a few of the ‘new’ toys from the garage
4. We placed toy collections with multiple small parts up high and
out of reach of the
toddler. He was able to play with these items only
with supervision and when there
was time to oversee that he put them
back into their designated containers. When
they were behind closed
doors, he forgot about them anyway.
5. I repurposed the shelving unit on the right in the ‘before’ photo
and moved it into
the hall closet where it fit perfectly without
removing the shelf above and it became
a very useful haven for
backpacks, purses, shoes and craft materials.
Whenever I come up with new tips or discover something
organizing, Image or lifestyle that I feel you
should see, my newsletter subscribers
are the first to know.
Tuesday, July 30, 2013
C ook in style with the Uptown Espresso Kitchen , the newest addition to our kitchen collection. This kitchen features numerous entertaining...
Kidkraft Thomas and Friends Furniture Finds Success Full Steam Ahead All aboard! Engine No. 1 has arrived with style! The new Kidkraft Tho...
What a great display of a personalized Red Vintage Kitchen at Kazoo Toys in Denver, Colorado. Kazoo toy shop has been enchanting kids...
KidKraft's beautiful Majestic Mansion Dollhouse would make a great holiday gift. At over four feet wide and four-and-a-half feet tall, t...
Show us what your kids are thankful for this Thanksgiving! Tag your pictures with #KidKraftThanks and post on Facebook , Instagram , ...
Shop Online for Once Upon a Time Dollhouse.
As a stay at home mother of two little boys I am always looking for something fun and engaging for my children. My boys, like mos...
There are so many great and creative kitchen play sets to buy or make yourself. I’m not the handiest person and I don’t have tons of time fo...
If you would like to embed this video into your own website, copy the embed code at the end of the video (located in the top right section...