Search This Blog

Friday, August 12, 2011

Hey?! A Mom Can Dream Reviews the Nantucket Storage Bench in Pastel

My experience with KidKraft




When I was pregnant, I desperately wanted to know the sex of the baby. But the baby wasn’t interested in divulging that information. So we did up the nursery in a neutral scheme that we thought would be suitable for either. But then I had my sweet baby girl and we felt like the room was too masculine for our princess. So, we had to re-do it.


I didn’t want to go overboard on the girly spectrum, so although the walls are pink, there are a lot of pastel blues, greens and yellows as well. We re-used my son’s crib and glider and bought a dresser that doubles as a changing table. But the hand-me-down toy box we had just wouldn’t work.


I didn’t want a toy box that she could get her fingers squished in and if I learned anything from the deep toy boxes that my son has it’s that the little pieces go to the bottom and disappear under the endless oblivion of toys. So I thought baskets or drawers would be good. And I wanted it to fit the color scheme without having to paint because I don’t have time to do that.


My quest was complete when I landed on KidKraft.com. I found the most amazing Nantucket Style Storage Bench with pastel storage compartments. I loved the beautiful styling and I knew that I had to have it.


When I received the box, it was a little bigger than expected. My husband carried it upstairs and we ripped open the box. I realized then that the box was bigger because the packaging was so protective. There wasn’t one scratch, mar or dent on any of the pieces.




We unloaded the box and laid out all of the pieces. The directions were clear and easy to follow. And the assembly was cake. I actually assembled all of the drawers while my husband assembled the bench section. (Of course the kids sat happily on the carpet beside us clapping and cheering us on.)

When it was all together my son immediately took a seat on the bench. It was the perfect height and looked awesome in front of her window. I was impressed at the sturdy wood construction and very happy with the colors and styling. And I really liked that I could separate her toys in the different bins.


I absolutely love our new storage bench. If you are looking for furniture or décor for your child’s room, or some pretty amazing wooden playsets, head over to KidKraft.com and take a look. You won’t be disappointed. You can also connect with KidKraft on facebook and twitter!


Source: Hey?! A Mom Can Dream


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts